Sunday, February 13, 2011

... Travel ...

Once upon a time there was a young lady who adored airports, lived for travel, dreamed of new adventure... she has kindly stepped aside for the new and unimproved loather of air travel that has replaced her. I felt this moment of transition in 2004. Houston Bush Intercontinental, the name says it all. The employees were awful, nobody seemed to be aware of their job and duties, and I felt that the establishment should be ashamed to even rank itself in the majestic realm of international air transportation. Over the years I became more fond of road trips with my ever so fun husband and less excited to fly anywhere.

Last week I embarked on a journey to Dayton Ohio, misery. From the TSA agent at RAP that was a lover of "we" rather than "you". -"why don't we take our shoes off. Now can we just take our laptop and put it on it's own tray.". To the elderly flight attendant that fell asleep standing up in the front of the plane! Shouldn't these professionals be reevaluated often? If the airline claims they are here for our "safety first" (which I already believe to simply be their way of saying sorry ahead of time, if your flight attendant is an asshole we apologize but she is merely here for your safety) explain to me how Sleepy McSleeperton is going to help me? WE would have to get her to safety, not the opposite.

Then there was the lovely girl on the counter that was irritated that I noticed she over looked printing my connecting boarding pass, my bad.

I am usually against monopolies, but Steve Jobs and Richard Branson should take over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment