Sunday, May 23, 2010

#2. Complete my CDFM.


I know I've been a little distance from you... Mr. Blog... but for GREAT reason!

During the week of 26-30 April I attended the EDFMT course at Hill.  Awesome idea!  Not only did I get to spend the week with the lovely Bambrough family and catch up with Ariel, I also got to visit with many of my other good friends (Winnie - if you are reading - I loved dinner together and miss you dearly!).

The best part about traveling to Utah and taking the course was that Ariel and I became great study partners.  Not only did we force each other to study, motivate one another to stay focused, and push each other to do better - but we both agreed to a testing schedule.  When it's your BFF that you pinky promised with - kind of hard to go back on the plan!

Within three weeks from the course end date, Ariel and I scheduled all three of our CDFM module tests as closely to one another as possible, taking Module 1 at the exact same time.  The amazing thing, both of us passed all three!

Becoming a Certified Defense Financial Manager is the DoD equivalent of a CPA.  Most people achieve this accomplishment later in their careers.  I will now be one of 9 CDFM Awarded in the Black Hills American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) chapter... several of the 9 have already retired.  So... if you haven't caught on yet, what I am trying to say is that this is a huge accomplishment!  One of the 101 that I thought would come later in the game... but now can proudly mark off the list!

I'm almost lost now that I have all this time on my hands that used to be dedicated to studying!  HELLO BLOG!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job, Lisa!!! I'm so jelous. I have always wanted to hold that title. Now, I don't even know if I'll go back to governmental finance.

    ReplyDelete