Monday, July 5, 2010

... long weekends, coffee, and a cool breeze ...

Days like today make me wish I had all the time in the world to sit on the deck, enjoy the cool breeze, and read a book with my husband.  Not the same book of course, he enjoyed some sci-fi garbage as I literally lol'ed beside him at Chelsea Handler's latest "Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang".  Even though my intention was to work on my tan, when the clouds approached and I had to "hoodie up", I stayed outside and soaked up the peaceful moment.  We don't often just enjoy relaxing moments together.  I know this isn't just an Ortega family issue.  All families have their hustle and bustle.  Last week in a rather lengthy Commander's Call (at least for this girl and her upset stomach), our Commander made a comment about writing about your life online rather than being out living your life.  Now, while I fully agree that some people seem to post aimlessly about nothing at all going on in their lives... for the most part, I think a 30 second pause on the present to electronically let your family and friends know the whereabouts and what-have-yous for the moment is acceptable.  It's moments like today that make me appreciative of reading blogs and e-updates from my friends.  Had one of my online amigos posted that they were outside, enjoying a nice breeze, reading a book, and glancing over at their husband at every opportune moment... I would have though "sounds like a plan!"  Not that I think others should read about my somewhat boring of a day, fueled by a couple cups of coffee, and jump at the chance to do the same; but on several occasions I have been inspired to do great things after being virtually informed of another's experience.  More often than not, these updates involve action.  However, if nothing else, I am telling you - grab a coffee, grab a chair, grab a book, grab tanning oil, grab your husband, and sit outside in silence... even if it is cold!  Unwind.  Do nothing at all.  Look at your better half and think... "wow, I'm a lucky little lazy lady".  ♥

2 comments:

  1. Ditto that, lady! Other blogs and FB updates can serve as inspiration to do the same. What do commanders know anyway? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Look at me, I get so much inspiration from reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete