Saturday, July 31, 2010

... one of these days ...

... I will actually blog as much as I say I am going to!  Instead, I usually reserve this leisurely activity for moments like now: wicked rainy outdoors, house scented by Target's Home Scents Sandalwood candle, kids in bed, already in my PJ's.  What do I have to inform the net about?  Life is just as relaxed as I would like it to be.

  The Ortega clan is plodding along through the summer.  Both sets of grandparents have visited the munchkins, and we have survived.  It is surprising how expensive "inexpensive" vacations are!  We scrapped the plan for England at Christmas and have renamed it Operation Jolly Saint Nick 2011.  (Not really, but now I have!)

  It has been a particularly rainy summer, which has been excellent for our sod.  I have some upgrades still to add to the yard, but it has reached the stage that I love already.  We need to finish the fences (August job), get the rock for the kids play area (also August), stain the deck/porch (also August), and the rest will come in time (more plants, trees, decorations, etc.)

  Jacob took the summer off of school and will start working towards his degree again in September.  The plan is for the man to graduate by December, allowing the little lady to start work on her Masters next.  We like the plan.  However, since my mind never stops turning... the plan may be for the little lady to return to school for a second Bachelors.  I know this makes very little sense, but I will explain in detail when I solidify my decision.

  Owen and Danica are doing wonderfully!  I can't believe how quickly they are growing up.  It is truly a marvel everyday when you have children.  I have two little people who I can now have conversations with.  No more dirty diapers.  Owen will barely even accept my help when it comes to dressing him in the morning!  Where did my BABIES go?  Hummm.  Talk right now of a third is on hold, and will be revisited in 2012... stay tuned.

  Well... there you go.  Nothing fall out of your chair exciting... but such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment